Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Answered prayer?

My mom was arrested on April 3rd for having 3 $20 counterfeit bills and possession of drug paraphernalia- 2 crack pipes and a bunch of orange pills in a plastic bag. It was also said in the report that she pawned her car, a $40,000 convertible Audi, for $8,000 to a local pawn shop along with many other items. The pawned car part made me sick to my stomach. She has never sounded so desperate.

Her preliminary hearing is this Friday. My sister and I (my other sister will be out of town) have decided to go to the hearing in an attempt to make a statement to her- We know what's going on and you can't lie to us anymore. It's scary to think about being there in her presence. I have not talked with her in person in a few weeks since before we tried to have an intervention. We decided to try intervention without tricking her into it- big mistake. It won't work; you have to trick them. She literally fled from us making her desperation all the more obvious. It's never been this bad; she's always been willing to defend herself. 

My mom's situation is unique. My grandfather is a very wealthy man and he has been supporting my mom because she teaches workout classes for a living and doesn't make a lot doing it. She, until very recently, has had loads of money at her disposal that we always assumed was going towards drugs. She's been very good at manipulating us into thinking she doesn't have a problem. Over the past few months, things have been getting worse and worse. And now she's being charged with a felony.

We are hoping to see some corrective action and hoping that this will give Mom a moment of sanity. I have been praying to God to just do something- DO ANYTHING! I have had a team of wonderful friends praying for my mom and I feel like this is an answer. Even the way we found out seemed to be divine. We'll see what happens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you K. You are right...your friends are praying every moment they can. Continue to stay strong and be the role model that you are for your mommy. We're here for you.
<3 Mae

KMR said...

Thanks, Mae. I love you too.