Friday, May 2, 2008

Another Tooth. . .

On Saturday I got a text from Mom that read:

Had a rough week, on tues nite a person driving an SUV ran a red light and smashed n to my car. I had pretty hard blow to my head and it knocked out my bottom middle tooth, decent size cut on my left knee. Then if that weren't bad enough they ran! Didn't stop! Some lady saw it and followed so she got the license plate # still waiting for police report.

I knew instantly she was lying. She's lost another tooth and needed some reason for it other than crystal meth. My sister texted her back and asked her what car she was driving (because she pawned her Audi) and she said my car. My sister said your Audi? And she said yeah, what else would I be driving.

I get more angry at her when she lies to us than about anything else. Maybe it's because that is what our relationship has turned into- a big lie.

It's been so hard to keep on top of this because it's just hard to think about her in general. I get so sad. It's so sad to see what she's become. I have felt for awhile now like my mom is dead and she doesn't care that I feel that way because she's enveloped in addiction.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It makes me sad too. I'm silently angry about it most of the time, but I think it's mostly because it's easier than acknowledging how truly sad it is that addiction has stolen my dearest friend's mother from her. It's been a long road since our senior year of high school/freshman year of college when so many things happened, but I have never stopped praying for the things we talk about less the more time passes. And the more times passes, the more I praise God for how much you bless everyone. Your heavenly father must sing the most beautiful songs over you admiring his artful creation. I'm so proud of you. I hope that doesn't sound condescending, but I am. I think this blog will be an outlet for a lot of people. I love you!- Me