Friday, May 30, 2008

Craziness

I got a call from my great-grandmother a week or so ago. She had a stroke about a year ago and ever since she's a little fuzzy on things. She told me that mom had walked over to her house, she lives about a mile or two from my mom, and gotten confrontational with her. She said she came in and sat at her kitchen table and told my great-grandma to not get up out of her chair. She was angry and started yelling at my great-grandma about lots of things. She said that my great-grandma shouldn't be talking to her girls about her because it worries us. She also said that she was angry at my grandpa (he recently emailed her a letter explaining why there would not be any more money coming in for her) and doesn't he know that she's the reason he's successful?

After she went on for awhile my great-grandma got up out of her chair and walked over toward my mom to get something and my mom grabbed her by the arms. My great-grandma had to push her off and after that my mom left.

The next day my great-grandma decided to call the police and get a restraining order where my mom can't go on her property anymore.

Since the stroke she tells the same story over and over again until a new one happens. She's called several times and told me the same story and ends by asking me what I'm going to do about it. She says you need to call her and get her help. It's very frustrating because she can't logically understand what is going on and that we can't make Mom go anywhere or get treatment. It's so sad.

No comments: