Friday, July 25, 2008

I am so mad right now I just want to break something. We found out that my mom's ex, who is a CPA and lawyer, got her a lawyer for her hearing today. Supposedly he's one of the best in the state. My sisters and I couldn't have been more pissed at him. WHY! on earth would you bail her out like that?!?!?! Idiot. I just don't get it.

So, my mom found herself a lawyer and earned herself another couple months of freedom. Her lawyer suggested she go to a 30 day treatment facility and have her hearing pushed back to September 26th. However, going to treatment is not mandatory. If she doesn't go, she will go to jail at the time of her next hearing. If she does go I'm assuming she will not go to jail. So, it's 50/50. Mom needs a helluva lot more than 30 days in rehab. That's bunk. But, at least now we know she either goes for 30 days or she goes to jail. I wonder what she'll decide to do. Papa thinks she will put it off until the last moment if she goes. I can't imagine her actually going. What would she do without the drugs. I don't know if she can figure out how to work it in her head.

If I could talk to her right now this is what I would say:

Looks like you got yourself another couple months. What are you gonna do? Are you gonna go do the 30 days in rehab or just wait to be thrown in jail? I heard about your reply to Papa's email. It's always about you isn't it? "They don't know what I've been through the past four years." Try seven years, Mom. Yeah, it's been that long. And you don't remember b/c you're a crackhead. Must be nice to be able to go through life without a job, a big nice house that's paid off, and a Mercedes Benz convertible that you totaled without flinching. It must be nice to just say, "Well, I will talk to them if they call me but the last time they wanted to talk they wanted to confront me and I can't handle that," to excuse not talking to your daughters. Wow, you're good.

Did you know your first grandchild is going to be 6 months old on Monday? You haven't seen him since when? March? You're pathetic. You always told me you didn't want to end up being a mom like Meme and now look at you, you're worse. I understand that addiction is a disease but your selfishness started it.

I then I kick her in the shin. I thought we might need some comic relief after that one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That left me with a smile :)
-sister L